Vegan pancakes with rapsberry coulis
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Vibrant and healthy, these gluten-free and vegan pancakes will really hit the spot when you feel like an indulgent breakfast that's still good for you.
For the pancakes:85g gluten-free flour
1 tbsp milled flax seeds
1/2 large banana
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Chlorella
150ml almond milk
For the raspberry coulis:100g raspberries
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp water
squeeze of lemon (add more if you like it sharp)
Toppings:20g dairy-free white chocolate buttons
small handful of hazelnuts
small handful of raspberries
dairy-free soya yoghurt
- Start by making the coulis. In a small pan, heat the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice for 2-3 minutes, until the raspberries have broken down. Place the coulis in the fridge (you can sieve it first, if you prefer no seeds).
- Now make the pancakes. Place the flour, milled flaxseeds, banana, baking powder, chlorella and unsweetened almond milk into a blender or mixing bowl. Blend/mix until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with some plant-based spread or oil of choice. Pour the pancake mixture into the pan and wait for air bubbles to start popping, then flip after around 40 seconds.
- Once all of the pancakes are made, heat up the dairy-free chocolate – this can be done in the pan or in the microwave, heating at 20-second intervals, until it's melted.
- Plate up the pancakes, drizzle with the white chocolate and raspberry coulis from the fridge. Serve with crushed hazelnuts, dairy-free yoghurt and fresh raspberries.