Sweet and Salty Popcorn Granola Bars
Ready in: Under 15 Mins
These irresistible vegan granola bars combine earthy peanut with rich dark chocolate and Sweet & Salty mini popcorn topping for an indulgent treat that's perfect as a mid-afternoon snack.
Ingredients:210g cups rolled oats 68g raw peanuts 75g peanut butter 117g pure maple syrup 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Toppings:1 bag of Popcorn Shed Mini Pop Sweet and Salty flavour 80g dark chocolate, melted
- First of all, roast the peanuts in a large frying pan greased with a bit of coconut oil, until they look golden-brown. Set aside and leave to cool.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil; stir until soft and fully combined. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats with the roasted peanuts and a pinch of pink Himalayan salt. Stir well, then add in the previous peanut butter mixture, mixing with a large wooden spoon or a sturdy silicone spatula until it forms a sticky mixture.
- Line the bottom of a square pan with parchment paper, leaving some a few extra centimetres of the paper hanging over the sides so that you can easily take it out later. Firmly press the granola mixture into the pan. Finally, use your clean hands or a silicone spatula to ensure you get a very compact and even layer. Transfer to the fridge until very firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and set aside. Carefully unmould the granola mixture and cut into bars. Dip each one in the melted chocolate, then transfer to a lined baking sheet (chocolate side up). Immediately top with Popcorn Shed’s Sweet and Salty Mini Pop so that the popcorn adheres to the chocolate. Let the bars set in the refrigerator until the chocolate is firm.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.