Strawberry and Lemon Cheesecake
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
This strawberry and lemon cheesecake is the dessert of dreams! It’s raw, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, but has so much sweet taste and fresh flavour, you won’t miss a thing! The base is made predominately from oats to give that biscuit-like texture, while the creamy filling contains soaked cashews and coconut milk. Serve for a special dinner party for a real show-stopper!
For the base:250g oats
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cacao powder (optional)
For the filling:300g cashews, soaked in water for at least 8 hours
2 tbsp coconut milk (the more firm mixture at the top of the can)
3 tbsp maple syrup
juice of 1/2 lemon
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- To make the base for the cheesecake, start by adding the oats to a food processor and blending, until a fine flour forms.
- Add the remaining base ingredients (including the cacao powder, if using - this just adds an extra depth and flavour but is totally fine without). Blend until fully combined.
- Press the base mixture into a lined cake tin. Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews, then add these to your food processor. Add the remaining ingredients, and blend, until super smooth and creamy.
- Pour this mixture on top of the base, and return the whole cake to the freezer for three hours to set.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.