Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
This flavoursome vegan curry makes a healthy lunch or dinner and tastes delicious.
3 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
10g fresh ginger, peeled
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp curry powder
2 red onions
30g cashew nuts
30g blanched almonds
1 x 500g tin of coconut milk
1 x 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
100g baby spinach leaves
35ml rapeseed oil
- Peel and thinly slice the onions and garlic.
- Chop the ginger and chilli finely, along with the seeds.
- In a wok, sauté the onions in the oil for four minutes on a low heat, add the nuts and then cook for another minute.
- Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, ground cumin, paprika and curry powder. Cook on a low heat for one minute, stirring as you cook. Then, add the coconut milk and the chopped tomatoes.
- Grate the lemon and juice, then add the rind and juice to the curry sauce. Bring the sauce to the boil, season with some salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into eighths and add to the sauce.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the wok. Gently cook for about 25 minutes, until the cauliflower is just cooked and the sauce has thickened. Add the spinach leaves, stir through and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve alongside some Basmati rice.