Squeaky Bean Stuffed Mini Yorkshire Puddings
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
These vegan Yorkshire puddings take the classic roast side dish to the next level with the addition of a creamy sauce and slices of plant-based pastrami and roast chicken-style slices. They're the perfect accompaniment to your next roast dinner or Christmas spread!
For the Yorkshire puddings (makes 4 large ones or 6-8 small ones):100g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp turmeric powder (for colour, optional)
320ml plant milk
4-8 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Russian dressing:60g vegan mayo
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sweet paprika powder
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp agave syrup
30g chilli sauce
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp vegan Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
salt, to taste
For the toppings:1 pack of Squeaky Bean Pastrami Style Slices and/or Squeaky Bean Roast Chicken Flavour Slices
- Prepare your vegan Yorkshire puddings by filling one tablespoon of vegetable oil into each muffin tin hole. Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and place the muffin tin in the oven for 20 minutes to get the oil smoking hot.
- In the meantime, whisk up the rest of your Yorkshire pudding ingredients. First, combine the dry ingredients, then carefully pour in the plant milk and stir until well combined – there shouldn't be any lumps left in the batter. Transfer the batter to a jug, so you can more easily pour it in the next step.
- Once the oil is hot enough, you have to work carefully, but quickly! Remove the muffin tin from the oven (close the door again as soon as you can) and pour the batter into the hot oil of each hole, filling it up until about 1cm below the top. You should hear it sizzle at this point. As quickly and as carefully as you can, transfer the muffin tin back into the hot oven and shut the door.
- Allow your puddings to cook for 20-25 minutes, not opening the oven door during the cooking process until they look crisp and golden. In the meantime, whisk up your Russian dressing in a small bowl.
- Once ready, take the puddings out of the oven and allow them to rest for five minutes before removing them from the muffin tin. Stuff your puddings with the Squeaky Bean Pastrami Style and Roast Chicken Flavour Slices and drizzle the Russian dressing on top before serving. Enjoy!