Pancakes with Mascarpone, Pistachios and California Prune & Rose Sauce
This indulgent recipe is surprisingly quick and easy to make. The pancakes themselves use a basic batter, so the mascarpone cream and prune and rose sauce really bring everything together. What a delicious treat!
For the pancakes:128g flour
1 free-range egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp honey
pinch of salt
For the mascarpone cream:250g mascarpone cheese
200ml whipping cream
62g chopped pistachios
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the sauce:200g California prunes
2 tbsp honey
125ml orange juice
80ml lemon juice
2 tbsp rose water
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, egg, honey and buttermilk. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter using approximately 60ml for each pancake. Brown on both sides and keep warm.
- Whisk together the mascarpone cheese, honey, pistachios and vanilla in a large bowl until just blended. Beat whipping cream at a medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Bring the juices, honey, rose water and prunes to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the prunes are tender. Place the prune mixture in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Serve the pancakes hot with mascarpone cream and prune sauce.