Oumph! Sticky Smokehouse BBQ With Grilled Watermelon Salad
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
These Sticky Smokehouse Oumph! Skewers are served alongside a juicy Grilled Watermelon Salad. It’s an awesome barbecue flavour bomb that's perfect for summer dining.
Ingredients:1 pack Oumph! Sticky Smokehouse Rib Style
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
For the grilled watermelon salad:1 medium-sized watermelon
2-3 tbsp olive oil
a pinch of salt
2 handfuls of rocket salad
2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
100g vegan Feta-style ‘cheeze’
a drizzle of balsamic glaze
For the salsa:2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp watermelon cubes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
juice ½ lemon
1 tsp chilli flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
a little water
- Start by cutting your watermelon into 1cm thick slices, remove the skin and cut each slice into bite-size chunks, leaving 2-3 tbsp of chunks aside for your salsa. Cut a lemon in half and use the halves to lightly cover your chunk in lemon juice, then brush them with the olive oil.
- Place them on your barbecue to grill for roughly 5 minutes on each side, or until softened and the corners begin to blacken.
- In the meantime, wash the rocket salad, chop the fresh mint, cut the vegan 'cheeze' into chunks and combine them in two portion sizes.
- Once barbecued, remove the watermelon from the grill and place it on a large plate to cool. When cooled, add the grilled watermelon to the salad, keeping the watermelon juices that have accumulated on the plate for the salsa. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and your salad is ready to go.
- To grill the Oumph! Sticky Smokehouse, create a quick marinade with olive oil and maple syrup and brush the Oumph! pieces before adding them to the grill and placing the portion sizes onto skewers.
- Whilst you're grilling your Oumph! pieces, prepare the salsa. To do this, finely chop the tomatoes (remove the seeds) and combine them thoroughly with the remainder of the salsa ingredients. Stir in the watermelon juices (they’re full of flavour!) and add as much water as you like to get to the preferred consistency.
- Serve the Oumph! skewers alongside the salsa and grilled watermelon salad and enjoy!