Natasha Corrett’s Peach and Avocado Porridge
"Avocado is delicious in porridge! Don’t be put off, it will give a creamy and filling element to your breakfast dish"
Ingredients:1 ripe peach 120g gluten free porridge oats 3 tbsp desiccated coconut 2 tbsp chia seeds 450ml Rice Dream ½ an avocado flaked almonds or linseeds to garnish (optional)
- Chop the peach in half and remove the stone. Chop ¾ of the flesh into 2cm cubes and place into a pan, saving the remaining ¼ for the topping.
- Add the gluten free oats, desiccated coconut, chia seeds and half of the Rice Dream to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer on a medium heat. The peach will start to break down providing some lovely natural sweetness to your porridge.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, add the remaining Rice Dream and continue to heat until the porridge is cooked.
- While the porridge cooks, chop the avocado into thin half-moon shapes and set aside. Chop the remainder of the peach into thin slices.
- Divide the porridge into two bowls and top with the remaining peach and avocado. Sprinkle over some crunchy toppings of your choice and if you need a bit more of a sweet fix try a drizzle of agave syrup or honey.