Mini Vegan Flatbread Pizzas With All the Toppings
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
These mini flatbread pizzas are fun to make, plus you can add any and all of your favourite toppings. The fluffy flatbreads are so fast to make, too! This recipe makes 4 mini pizzas. Recipe extracted from Be More Vegan by Niki Webster (£14.99, Welbeck)
For the flatbread base:150g white self-raising flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp plant-based yoghurt
For the mushroom, tomato & ‘cheese’ pizza3-4 mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
vegan cheese of choice
For the pesto & cherry tomato pizza:handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
For the basil pesto:40g fresh basil leaves
125g pine nuts
1 clove garlic, peeled
½ lemon, juiced
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
For the sundried tomato sauce:280g soft sundried tomatoes, drained
2 tbsp tomato purée
pinch of salt
2 tsp cider vinegar
3 tbsp water
- First, make the flatbread dough. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking power and salt, and stir. Add the water and yoghurt, and mix thoroughly to combine. Knead for a minute until you get a springy dough. You might need to add a bit more water or flour so the dough isn’t too wet or too dry.
- To make the pesto or tomato sauce, add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz to a paste. Transfer to a jar.
- To make the mushroom topping, slice the mushrooms then add them to a small pan with the olive oil. Fry for 4-5 minutes, until soft, then set aside.
- To cook the flatbreads, start by heating a large griddle pan or frying pan to medium. Divide the dough into four, then roll out the first flatbread onto a floured chopping board. Pop it on the griddle pan or frying pan, and allow to cook and char a little on that side, then flip to cook on the other side. Repeat for each flatbread.
- To finish, top the flatbreads with toppings above. For more toppings, try pineapple chunks, sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn, roast veg, vegan pepperoni or olives.