Maple Banana Bread
Ready in: 60 mins +
Banana bread is one of those classic recipes that's so simple, yet so delicious! This dairy-free banana bread uses maple syrup for a richer loaf that pairs beautifully with a cup of tea. This recipe is extracted from Cooking with Maple, Naturally, which includes 50 family-friendly recipes to showcase the versatility of pure Canadian maple syrup. The cookbook is available to download for free through the link below.
Ingredients:300g very ripe bananas, peeled
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
100ml vegetable oil
2 free-range eggs
80g maple sugar
175g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3 and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, mash together the bananas, vanilla, maple syrup and vegetable oil.
- Slowly add the eggs, one by one, followed by the maple sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix together.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve when cooled.