Add a firey Mexican twist to this delicious Middle Eastern classic with this zingy recipe
Ingredients:450g canned chickpeas, drained – reserve 50g to sprinkle over the finished hummus 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped 1/4 jar sliced jalapenos 4 tbsp tahini 1/4 tsp sea salt juice of 2 lemons 50ml water 3 tbsp olive oil
- Place chickpeas, garlic and sea salt into a food processor and blend for 3 minutes.
- Combine the tahini and jalapeños into a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Mix the lemon juice and olive oil together in a separate bowl.
- Blitz the ingredients in the food processor, while slowly adding the lemon juice and olive oil into the food processor until blended into a smooth paste. If the mix is too thick add some water while continuing to blend.
- Transfer hummus into a bowl, sprinkle with chickpeas and drizzle with olive oil
- Enjoy with pitas, warm falafels or as a dip with raw vegetables.