Gingered Carrot Soup
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:600g carrots, peeled and cubed
2 large garlic cloves, peeled
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cumin powder
a knob of butter
2cm piece of fresh ginger
1 small potato, peeled and cubed
5 shallots, diced
1 litre hot vegetable stock
100g Rachel’s Greek Style Ginger Yoghurt
chopped herbs of your choice, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Place the carrots and garlic in a small oven proof dish or roasting tin, and add the honey, cumin and seasoning and mix well. Roast in the oven until soft and caramelised.
- Take a saucepan and melt the butter, add the ginger, potato and shallots and cook until soft. Add the roasted carrots and stir to mix.
- Pour in the stock and leave to simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blitz the soup until smooth, check the seasoning and leave to cool slightly while you prepare the chopped herbs for the garnish.
- Finish with a dollop of the ginger yoghurt, and serve alone or accompanied by chunks of fresh crusty bread.