Flatbreads with Tzatziki Dip
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Flatbread is one of the easiest breads to make, and can be made in no time at all. We especially love it served with our favourite curry to mop up the sauce, but you can also enjoy it as a starter served with a dip like tzatziki. This recipe for a quick and easy flatbread and dip is courtesy of the FAB Flour Easy Peasy Baking campaign, launched by nabim.
For the dip:100g natural yoghurt
50g cucumber, grated
1 tsp mint sauce
For the flatbreads:200g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
200g natural yoghurt
100g butter, melted
1 tsp cumin seeds
- To make the dip, grate the cucumber and squeeze out the excess liquid into the sink with your hands. Place the grated cucumber into the serving bowl, add the yoghurt and mint sauce and mix.
- For the flatbreads, combine the flour, baking powder and cumin seeds in the mixing bowl, then add the yoghurt and 30g of the melted butter to form a dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface, then turn out the dough onto the floured surface and knead for a few minutes.
- Heat your frying pan to a medium-high heat. Divide the dough into six equal portions and roll out into 15-20cm circles.
- Place each flatbread into the hot pan, one at a time, and cook for two minutes on each side, until slightly puffed and toasted. Once cooked, rub them with the remaining melted butter and serve whole or sliced into strips for dipping.