Eva Humphries’ Green Veg Frittata
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Pack in your greens with this vibrant frittata recipe. Perfect served cold for a picnic or warm with a side salad for a light lunch or dinner.
Ingredients:12 Clarence Court hens eggs, lightly beaten
150g asparagus, roughly chopped, woody ends discarded
½ head of broccoli (about 150-170g), florets sliced
150g frozen peas
2 large handfuls of spinach (100g)
125g of feta
2 tsp rapeseed oil (or a knob of organic butter)
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
½ lemon, finely grated zest of
- Preheat a grill to medium. Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the broccoli, asparagus and peas, and cook for five minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Season well with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Stir in the spinach, season again and grate over the lemon zest.
- Cook for another minute, until the spinach wilts. Pour in the eggs and give the mixture a stir to evenly distribute the vegetables. Cook on a medium heat, until the edges are firm (the centre will still be liquid); approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Crumble the feta over the top and transfer the pan to under the grill. Grill for 10 minutes, until the egg mixture is firm and the feta turns light-golden around the edges.
- Remove the frittata from the pan and either eat immediately or slice it up, allow it to cool and refrigerate. The frittata keeps well in a fridge for up to three days.