Coconut Mincemeat Streusel Bake
These delicious little bakes by Lisa Faulkner are perfect to warm up a winter's evening
Ingredients:For the mincemeat: 150g raisins 150g sultanas 100g currants 100g dried cranberries 100g chopped mixed peel 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated 100g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil 25g dessicated coconut 125ml The Groovy Food Company Amber and Mild Agave Nectar 1 heaped tsp ground mixed spice Finely grated zest of 1 lemon 100ml dark rum For the topping: 75g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil 75g self-raising flour 40g semolina 2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Rich and Dark Agave Nectar Icing sugar, for dusting For the pastry: 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting 125g chilled The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, cut into cubes 2 tsp The Groovy Food Company Amber and Mild Agave Nectar 1–2 tbsp cold water
- Put all the ingredients for the mincemeat, except the rum, in a large pan and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, leave to cool, and then stir in the rum. Cool completely.
- For the topping, melt the coconut oil and allow to cool slightly. Mix the flour, semolina and agave together in a bowl. Pour over the melted coconut oil and mix until it combines to form a soft dough. Bring together into a ball and wrap in cling film and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- For the pastry, put the flour in a mixing bowl and rub in the coconut oil until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs (or whiz in a food processor). Add the agave nectar and just enough cold water to mix to a firm but not dry dough. Shape into a disc and chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a 23cm x 33cm swiss roll tin.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a rectangle slightly larger than the swiss roll tin, then use it to line the base and sides of the tin.
- Spread the mincemeat evenly over the pastry base. Using a coarse grater, grate the topping over the mincemeat. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden all over.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little, then slice and serve whilst still warm.