Chocolate Coconut Banana Pancakes
Ready in: Under 15 Mins
Low-calorie, high-protein, gluten-free and wheat-free... what’s not to love about these pancakes? Not only do they make a quick and easy breakfast, but they’re deliciously indulgent, and child-approved!
Ingredients:3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
1 large banana, mashed
4 large free-range eggs, beaten
2 tsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod, deseeded
2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
a pinch of salt
To serve:2 bananas, sliced
2 handfuls raw coconut chips, toasted
50g dark chocolate shavings
The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Chocolate Sauce
- To make your batter, simply put all of the ingredients except for the coconut oil into a bowl and blend together with a hand stick blender.
- Melt the coconut oil on a gentle heat and put into a separate bowl.
- Heat your pancake or frying pan over a medium heat and take a square of kitchen roll, dabbing it into the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, take ¾ ladle of the pancake mixture and pour into the pancake pan.
- Cook the pancakes until golden-brown on the underside (about one minute), then flip over and cook until golden-brown on the other side (about 30 seconds).
- Once you’ve cooked all six pancakes, stack them back on top of each other in a set of three to warm through in the hot pan and flip over to warm the other side.
- Serve warm with a generous drizzle of agave chocolate sauce, sliced bananas, toasted coconut chips and chocolate shavings on top.