Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Is there anything more comforting than chocolate chip cookies? When a craving hits, these gooey cookies are super easy to make and bake. Recipe courtesy of the Easy Peasy Baking campaign, launched by nabim.
Ingredients:300g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
120g salted butter
225g light brown soft sugar
1 free-range egg
20 squares of milk chocolate (you will need to buy a large bar)
- Preheat your oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and bicarbonate of soda, then set to one side.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave and mix in the sugar before adding the egg. Add this wet mix to the dry flour mix and bring together with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 60g balls and place them on a lined baking tray, leaving room to spread between each one. Push each ball down slightly then place in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven, press 2 squares of chocolate into each one, rotate the tray then bake for a further 6 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on the tray before serving.
- Tip: You can keep the 60g dough balls in the freezer and, when ready, bake for 12-14 minutes until golden-brown – this way you always have cookies on hand!