Chocolate, Avocado & Maple Vegan Tart
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
This indulgent vegan tart could just become your new go-to dessert recipe. It's ideal for dinner parties and foodie gatherings with friends. You can prepare the tart in advance to take the stress out of entertaining and store covered in the fridge.
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp pure maple syrup, plus an extra 2 tbsp (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
pinch of salt
135g dried dates, pitted and halved
4 avocados, peeled, stone removed
100g cocoa powder
45g dried goji berries
handful of raspberries and edible flowers, to garnish
- To make the hazelnut base, blend the hazelnuts into a fine texture then add coconut oil, three tablespoons of maple syrup and salt. Bring together to form a spreadable consistency.
- Spread this mixture into the base of a round springform tin and leave to chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a food processor, blend the dates and two tablespoons of maple syrup into a smooth paste and add the avocado flesh. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the blender contents into a bowl and stir in the cocoa powder and goji berries. Mix until well-combined.
- Remove the set hazelnut base from the fridge and spoon and spread over the date and avocado mix. Smooth and level out using a palette knife and leave to refrigerate overnight to fully set.
- Dress with the raspberries and edible flowers. Slice using a warmed knife when ready to serve.