Caramelised Pear and Chocolate Pancakes
Try this recipe for a sophisticated take on a rich pancake dessert
Ingredients:100g plain flour Pinch of salt 2 free-range eggs 300ml milk 2 large pears Large knob of butter 3 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup 25g dark chocolate
- Whisk the flour, salt and eggs with a dash of the milk in a bowl until you have a smooth paste.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk, beating all the time to avoid lumps, then leave to stand for five minutes to thicken slightly.
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan and pour a ladleful of the batter into the pan, swirling for a thin layer. Cook on a moderate heat until the edges turn brown, then gently loosen the edges with a spatula and flip the pancake. Cook the other side for 30 seconds and then turn out onto a plate.
- Repeat to make 8 pancakes, placing a small piece of parchment between each. Keep the pancakes in a warm place.
- Now peel and slice the pears into eighths, then melt the butter in a large frying pan and heat until it bubbles.
- Tip in the pears and fry until gorgeously browned, turning every now and then. Drizzle over Lyle’s Golden Syrup and heat until bubbling.
- Melt the chocolate and serve the pancakes filled with the pears and drizzled with the chocolate.