Cruelty Free Beauty
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- SPONSORED: Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- SPONSORED: Rose & Caramel’s Ultimate Guide To Achieving A Flawless Self-tan All Year Round
- prebiotics and probiotics: do they affect our skin health?
- What is greenwashing and how can you spot it?
- SPONSORED: Natural skincare solutions to get your glow back
- The best eco-friendly sunscreens of 2020
- SPONSORED: Laser Skincare Specialist Tria Beauty Announces Partnership with YouTube Star Amena Khan
- How to fight fast fashion with a jewellery capsule collection
- View all
- Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System With Healthy Foods
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Mini Flatbread Pizzas
- The best vegan food and beauty advent calendars for Christmas 2020
- 7 Eco-Friendly Essentials For Your Home
- New app helps you track and reduce your plastic consumption
- CBD Oil UK: Best CBD brands in the UK (2020)
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Vegetarian And Vegan Healthy Mushroom Recipes
- Your seasonal eating guide to autumn vegetables
- The 12 best leek recipes you’ll want to make again and again
- 3 easy vegan recipes from BOSH’s latest cookbook
- View all
- Mini Vegan Flatbread Pizzas With All the Toppings
- Vegan Golden Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Caramelised Onion Dahl
- Pink Hummus
- Wild Bounty Bites
- Vegetarian Lao-inspired Larb
- Parsnip and Apple Soup
- Tahini, Pecan & Cinnamon One-Pan Cookie
- BOSH’s Ultimate Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Big Red Peanut Noodles
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Greggs Offers Free Vegan Sausage Roll For Students!
- Nudie Snacks Launches Wonky Veg Crisps
- BAM launches sustainable denim jeans for men and women
- The UK’s Largest Plant-Based Kitchen Launches Chicken Katsu Fakeaway
- Vegan Snack Box Delivery Service Launches in the UK
- Iceland Launches New Vegan Range
- Love Food Give Food campaign calls on UK foodies
- Pukka is using your tea purchases to plant trees
- ProVeg Launches Veggie Challenge App for Plant-Based Lifestyle
- Big Butterfly Count calls on public to help with conservation efforts
- Sainsbury’s Launches New Plant-Based Products
- View all
Independent bakery to serve up vegan doughnuts in Notts
It's all about the dough at this creative spot
Listen up Nottingham, there’s a new dough-powered bakery in town and it features luxurious vegan treats.
The Bakery By HDL is the brainchild of three friends who have made it their mission to craft the perfect plant-based doughnut that’s light, airy, fluffy and tasty. Following trips around the world to discover how to make the perfect dough, and figuring out how to adapt recipes for vegans without compromising on taste, TK, Sach and Lewis are now ready to open the doors to their new bakery.
Inspired by Louis Vuitton, who also started off from humble beginnings in his hometown, the bakery’s doughnuts will be indulgent and luxurious: think almond cream cheese, white chocolate frosting and fresh raspberries.
The independent bakery will be preparing its treats – vegan and dairy alike – in small batches, and welcomes bookings from people eager to get their hands on a fresh bake. The team is also available to customise doughnuts for events and special occasions.
Speaking about the launch, co-founder TK said: “We were so underwhelmed by the doughnuts on sale – either they tasted stale or were overly sweet. We found out that the majority of doughnut brands used either frozen doughnut rings or doughnuts that were made the day before, then were just garnished attractively. We felt there had to be a better way, so we decided to visit places like Paris and Rome to discover how they made their dough products. It was whilst in their kitchens that we learned the secrets behind the most amazing doughnuts and sweet treats, including cookie dough. We have used this knowledge to perfect our very own secret recipe, which we can’t wait for everyone to try. We have a team of creative people, so making our products look good was important. However, we have focused lots of our time enhancing the taste of our treats, to complement their beautiful looks.”
Fellow co-founder Sach added: “Having people in my family that are dairy intolerant has always meant that I’m the only one able to get stuck into a premium dessert whether that be a doughnut or cookie dough. The feeling was that the vegan option always felt like an afterthought – they’re always less extravagant than their creamy counterparts, or just not as great. We were only ever going to launch our brand if our vegan recipes were better than anything on the market. Our final product tastes so good – the doughnuts are light, airy and fluffy and the cookie dough is incredibly delicious and also vegan.”
To find out more, follow The Bakery By HDL on Instagram.