Cruelty Free Beauty
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- SPONSORED: Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- SPONSORED: Rose & Caramel’s Ultimate Guide To Achieving A Flawless Self-tan All Year Round
- prebiotics and probiotics: do they affect our skin health?
- What is greenwashing and how can you spot it?
- SPONSORED: Natural skincare solutions to get your glow back
- The best eco-friendly sunscreens of 2020
- SPONSORED: Laser Skincare Specialist Tria Beauty Announces Partnership with YouTube Star Amena Khan
- How to fight fast fashion with a jewellery capsule collection
- View all
- Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System With Healthy Foods
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Mini Flatbread Pizzas
- The best vegan food and beauty advent calendars for Christmas 2020
- 7 Eco-Friendly Essentials For Your Home
- New app helps you track and reduce your plastic consumption
- CBD Oil UK: Best CBD brands in the UK (2020)
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Vegetarian And Vegan Healthy Mushroom Recipes
- Your seasonal eating guide to autumn vegetables
- The 12 best leek recipes you’ll want to make again and again
- 3 easy vegan recipes from BOSH’s latest cookbook
- View all
- Mini Vegan Flatbread Pizzas With All the Toppings
- Vegan Golden Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Caramelised Onion Dahl
- Pink Hummus
- Wild Bounty Bites
- Vegetarian Lao-inspired Larb
- Parsnip and Apple Soup
- Tahini, Pecan & Cinnamon One-Pan Cookie
- BOSH’s Ultimate Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Big Red Peanut Noodles
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Jammie Dodgers secures vegan status with 100% plant-based recipe
- Children’s charity to spread smiles with virtual tea party
- New sustainable British beauty brand launches
- Your coronavirus mask could support vulnerable communities in Madagascar
- Green Cleaning Company Bio-D Signs Up To Plastic Pact
- The Riverford Field Kitchen launches four-course veggie brunch
- ANCIENT + BRAVE LAUNCHES THE UK’S FIRST VEGAN COLLAGEN POWDERS
- SPONSORED: Jimmy’s Oat Flat White: it’s vegan, it’s iced and it’s a total winner
- Pure Heavenly launches vegan chocolate bars and advent calendars
- Nails.INC launches 21-free vegan nail polish
- New vegan jams support female cooperatives
- View all
Children’s charity to spread smiles with virtual tea party
It's time to switch the kettle on for a good cause.
Us Brits are known for turning to tea in good times and bad. And now, a charity is tapping into our love for a good cuppa with an online initiative to lift the nation’s spirits during the Coronavirus lockdown.
Every April, international children’s charity Smile Train, which helps to provide life-changing treatment for children with cleft lip and palate, hosts its Big Smile Tea Party to encourage friends, families and colleagues to come together over a cup of tea and baked treats, all in a bid to raise awareness and funds for the cause.
But this year, as we find ourselves separated from loved ones during social isolation, Smile Train is taking its annual campaign online in an effort to keep people connected and spread smiles, at a time when we all need it the most. That’s right: during the lockdown, we’ve seen everything from pub quizzes to yoga classes going virtual, and now it’s time for one big, happy virtual tea party!
As part of The Big Virtual Cuppa, taking place on 1st April between 3pm and 6pm, you may choose to call close relatives or friends who live afar; schedule an afternoon ‘time out’ video conference with colleagues; or simply gather your household together for a tea break. So unplug from your mobile devices, switch the kettle on and sit down with your favourite brew and baked goodie for a good old natter with the ones you love. Those taking part are also encouraged to take a screenshot of their ‘tea party’ and share it on social media using the hashtag #TheBigVirtualCuppa.
Remember, this is all for a good cause, so any donations you choose to make will have a big impact on children around the world, and allow them to live healthy and productive lives. Cleft conditions can impact a child’s ability to eat, breathe, speak and ultimately thrive, and yet many children with these conditions don’t have access to the treatment they need. Smile Train empowers medical professionals by providing training, funding and resources to help offer free cleft surgery and care to local children in their communities.