The ultimate comfort food – does it get any better than a hot bowl of homemade vegetable soup on a blustery day? Well we can tell you that the answer is in fact, no. A great way of using up all your leftovers and fitting in your 5-a-day, a tasty vegetarian or vegan soup always guarantees a healthy and comforting meal – made even better with some chunky, fresh bread!
Cruelty Free Beauty
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- Rose & Caramel’s Ultimate Guide To Achieving A Flawless Self-tan All Year Round
- prebiotics and probiotics: do they affect our skin health?
- View all
- Ethical and eco-friendly stocking stuffers for less than £15
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Falafel Burgers
- The best veggie and vegan Christmas food to order this year
- The ultimate ethical gift guide for Christmas 2020
- 5 ethical Christmas gift ideas for everyone on your list
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Veg Stir-fry With Peanut Satay Sauce
- Nutrition for the menopause
- 11 easy bread recipes for every occasion
- Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System With Healthy Foods
- Vegetarian and vegan soup recipes
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Mini Flatbread Pizzas
- View all
- Scrambled Tofu
- Vegan Chestnut Vanilla Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red Pepper and Sun-Dried Tomato Chickpea Shakshuka
- Vegan Yule Log
- Harissa Falafel Burger
- Meatless Christmas Curry
- Squeaky Bean Stuffed Mini Yorkshire Puddings
- Veggie Wellington
- Moving Mountains Hot Dogs in Blankets
- Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding
- Moving Mountains Christmas Wellington
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Sainsbury’s opens low alcohol pub in London
- Aldi Has Launched Its First Vegan Skincare Range
- Loveseitan And Vegan Dough Co. Join Forces To Deliver Plant-powered Pizza
- Your Christmas tree could help preserve the Borneo rainforest
- British Airways commits to removing 700 tonnes of single-use plastic from flights in 2020
- Tropic launches environmentally friendly sunscreen range
- New vegan products we’re excited about this spring
- Lily Lolo launches refillable make-up
- Linda McCartney’s brings back its popular Vegemince
- Vegan Snack Box Delivery Service Launches in the UK
- This reusable bag is made entirely out of recycled plastic
- View all
Vegetarian and vegan soup recipes
From vegetarian minestrone soup to vegan cream of mushroom soup, these hearty bowls will warm you up from the inside, out
A great slow cooker soup recipe, this chunky vegetable soup recipe is a great way of using up veggies so they don’t go to waste. Plus, it’s an easy dish to put together, and won’t leave you with loads of washing up! You can also easily freeze any leftovers of this courgette soup recipe ready for a chilly day when you need a hearty, warming soup to comfort you.
Make this Italian vegetarian bean soup when the broad beans, peas and small violet artichokes are in season. Don’t waste the pea pods, but use them to make a light vegetable stock for soups. Wondering how to make soup thicker? Add a small amount of cornflour to cold water, mix and add to the soup slowly, stirring as you go.
This zingy green soup recipe by Melissa Hemsley in association with Tabasco is just what we’re craving!
Looking for a vegetarian soup recipe for your next dinner party? Well you’ve found it. This 14-ingredient celery root dish is a delight ㅡ the toasted hazelnuts and truffle oil practically taste of Christmas!
Our favourite thing about soup is that it’s easy to make! Throw all your ingredients in the slow cooker, head off to work and come back to a delicious and hearty meal. This classic leek and potato soup gets a reworking with spices to add flavour and lentils to add bulk. This soup can be made with or without a slow cooker, so if you don’t have one just follow the recipe instructions.
This French onion soup with Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard croutes is an indulgent treat that oozes flavour.
A squash and coconut milk soup is the perfect warming lunch; we recommend that you make a big batch so you have leftovers to take to work! If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, then add some tasty yoghurt to finish off the dish.
With only a couple of simple ingredients, you’ll be able whip this up in no time, and even better, it makes for a great batch-cooking recipe, so pop it in the freezer and take it to work.
This super simple fresh tomato soup recipe has just three easy instructions! 1. Heat vegetable or olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and sauté for four minutes until soft. Stir in the garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds. 2. Add diced tomatoes, chickpeas and stock. Purée, stir, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. 3. Add the watercress and blend until just smooth. Return to the pan, add the lemon juice and season. Gently reheat to serve.
Looking for healthy soup maker recipes? Look no further! A vegan pumpkin soup is always in high demand during the colder months and this spicy pumpkin soup recipe is jam-packed with goodness to keep you healthy throughout winter. The seed topping adds a great source of plant-based protein, and also makes a delicious snack on its own.
If you’re vegan, then you can transform this recipe into a vegan mushroom soup recipe with no cream, just swap the cream for coconut milk in equal parts.
A spin on a classic carrot and parsnip soup, the sweet, creamy parsnip combined with the sharp tang of apples is the perfect pairing for autumn! This comforting recipe from The National Trust is sure to warm you up on those cold autumn days.
This lentil and chickpea soup recipe is a hearty, warming dish that’s equally as nutritious as it is delicious. The chickpeas add even more protein and texture. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt (a plant-based version if you’re vegan), and your favourite bread.
Want to read more like this? Sign up to our weekly newsletter, The Edit, to receive the latest updates on sustainability, planet-friendly food, cruelty-free beauty and more straight to your inbox. PLUS, enjoy exclusive recipes and giveaways.