Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- Celebrate Veganuary with these plant-based treats
- Feel-good nutrition for a plant-based diet
- Period pain: How to relieve menstrual cramps the natural way
- 5 vegan supplements for a plant-based diet
- Healthy Vegan Snacks
- Sweet potato recipes the whole family will love
- 17 easy vegan recipes for every occasion
- View all
- Golden Tofu Singapore Noodles
- Peanut Butter Blondie Cookie Bars
- Vegan No-Bake Mango Cheesecake
- Miso mushrooms on toast
- Oumph! Balls & Tomato Sauce Pasta
- Spicy Peanut Butter Burger
- Like Schnitzel Noodle Bowl
- Vegan pancakes with rapsberry coulis
- Thick fluffy chocolate protein pancakes
- No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Vegan roasted vegetable lasagne
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Barry M partners with wildlife charity for exclusive new collection
- Dobbies’ introduce brand new range of sustainable houseplants
- Cruelty-free beauty platform launches virtual skincare consultations
- BAM launches sustainable denim jeans for men and women
- Pukka launches vegan pies to enjoy at home
- Boost your veggie meals with this new umami sauce
- Plamil launches plastic-free chocolates that are perfect for sharing
- Wahaca launches new vegan options for 2021
- Charity provides free meals to children and families with surplus food
- Greggs Offers Free Vegan Sausage Roll For Students!
- Linda McCartney’s brings back its popular Vegemince
- View all
Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
Fussy is 100% plant-based and packaged in sugarcane waste
We’re all about supporting local, independent businesses, especially when they put the environment and our health first.
After having a baby, Bethany and Eddie Fisher wanted to put their skills to good use by creating a kinder future for the next generation. Now, they’re asking for help from people who are equally as passionate about people and the planet as they strive to get their new business venture off the ground.
Fussy is a refillable deodorant that aims to tackle household plastic waste. The sustainable product is inspired by pebbles on the beach, hence its sleek, slim design that can easily be slipped into a bag or pocket.
Aside from being refillable, it’s made entirely from plants, inside and out. Plastic-free refills are packaged in waste sugarcane, while the outer container is made from a corn-based bioplastic. The deodorant itself is 100% plant-based, too!
Fussy addresses an important issue, as globally, we throw away over 3.2 billion single-use plastic deodorants, many on which end up in landfills or our oceans. What’s more, research by Which? showed that we only recycle 40% of bathroom items, compared to 90% in the kitchen. Brands like fussy help to cut back on unnecessary waste and tackle plastic pollution, plus each fussy deodorant sold funds the collection of 1kg of ocean-bound plastic. It’s a win-win!
Speaking about the project, Bethany said: “I guess having a baby makes you reflect on the choices you make… including the deodorant I was using. Then COVID-19 hit and it was a sort of kick up the arse to make a difference. We all need to be more fussy.”
Eddie added: “We’re making sustainability sexy! Once you see and hold fussy, it will be love at first swipe.
“To be honest, it’s been a real test. We’ve not slept much, and have burnt through all our savings, but now is the time for the refill revolution. We are just pleased to be part of it!”
Fussy launches on 6th October on Kickstarter, with early-bird deals available from £11.
Want to read more like this? Sign up to our weekly newsletter, The Edit, to receive the latest updates on sustainability, planet-friendly recipes, cruelty-free beauty and more straight to your inbox.
More from Cruelty Free Beauty
From skincare and shampoo bars, to refillable schemes, here's how to reduce plastic and waste in your bathroom
It's the perfect Christmas gift for beauty lovers
Content creator Rachael puts Rose & Caramel's self-tan removal scrub to the test
The cruelty-free brand uses ethically sourced ingredients to create beauty formulas for all skin types
The organic balm is the ultimate plastic-free multi-tasker