Cruelty Free Beauty
- Cruelty-free beauty platform launches virtual skincare consultations
- Nails.INC launches 21-free vegan nail polish
- SPONSORED: Enjoy exclusive discounts on these ethical beauty brands
- Tropic launches environmentally friendly sunscreen range
- SPONSORED: Meet the companies offering transparency on waste
- Vegan makeup brand KVD is launching in Boots
- 8 ethical beauty brands to keep on your radar
- 6 Vegan Make-Up Brands That Need To Be On Your Radar
- Aldi Has Launched Its First Vegan Skincare Range
- 5 minutes with Strictly Come Dancing‘s Tanning Superhero
- Reviewed: The vegan hair salon with a retro vibe
- View all
- What is climate-friendly cooking?
- How to make sustainable food choices
- Your cruelty-free sleep plan sorted
- Sustainable tipples to sip on this summer
- Sponsored: The ultimate skincare treats to pamper yourself at home
- 5 Simple Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Sponsored: The ultimate treats for National Picnic Week 2020
- Zero-waste hacks for using leftover fruit
- Sponsored: 5 immunity-boosting products to protect your health
- How to host a virtual dinner party
- 7 Foods & Drinks That Are Good for Your Gut
- View all
- Chocolate, Avocado & Maple Vegan Tart
- Oumph! Sticky Smokehouse BBQ With Grilled Watermelon Salad
- Mac and Cashew Cheese
- Tomato Dahl with Flatbreads
- Jackfruit Christmas Dinner
- Yellow Split Pea, Potato and Cauliflower Dhal
- Miguel Barclay’s Sweetcorn & Courgette Fritters
- Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
- Mushroom Wellington
- Sweet Potato, Coconut and Green Bean Curry
- Cauliflower Steak Burger
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- New sustainable fashion brand launches vegan bags in the UK
- How you can help with the Amazon wildfires
- M&S launches dairy-free yoghurts
- The Big Bakes To Host Online Baking Classes
- New vegan meal delivery offers sustainable street-food inspired dishes
- Wagamama’s new food concept is all about sustainability
- Jammie Dodgers secures vegan status with 100% plant-based recipe
- PETA releases vegan guides to top holiday destinations
- 3 new vegan launches we’re excited about this week
- Vegetarian butcher takes over popular London shop
- British Airways commits to removing 700 tonnes of single-use plastic from flights in 2020
- View all
Pancake Day: The ultimate recipes to celebrate Shrove Tuesday
From simple stacks to indulgent mounds, here are the best pancake recipes to cook up this Shrove Tuesday.
If you're team crêpe, then try these sweet showstoppers. The recipe, created by Gizzy Erskine, is made with milk, but you can easily swap that out with coconut milk for a dairy-free, vegan version. This recipe makes tons of the caramel sauce, but it lasts for yonks in the fridge and extremely versatile, so after Pancake Day, you can use it on everything, from heating it up and pouring it over ice cream, to drizzling it over porridge – or just eating it with a spoon, we won't judge!
If you prefer pancakes that will send you into a sugar coma, then these are your best bet. Made with Pip & Nut's peanut butter cups, they scream indulgence and will certainly satisfy any sweet cravings you have. Maybe serve yours with a bit of sliced banana so you're at least getting in some fruit at the same time!
We're partial to a bit of banana on our pancakes at Veggie HQ, so combining them with two of our other favourite ingredients makes this recipe a real winner! Plus, this stack is low-calorie, high-protein, gluten-free and wheat-free – what’s not to love?
Jazz up your stack with a smooth mascarpone cream and fragrantly sweet sauce made with prunes, honey, orange juice, lemon juice, and rose water. It's a unique twist on the traditional pancake recipe that will certainly set you up for the rest of the day!
Fibre-rich oats make for a healthier alternative on Pancake Day. This recipe utilises leftover porridge to save it from going to waste, but you can also simply mix porridge oats with milk. Here, the pancakes are topped with grilled figs, but you can replace them with your favourite seasonal fruit, too!
Sometimes, it's the simple ones that are the best. If you like your pancakes with no frills or fuss, then try these spelt pancakes from Doves Farm. The plain yet delicious recipe makes for the ideal vessel to add your favourite toppings like fresh or stewed fruit, maple syrup, chocolate hazelnut spread or even yoghurt.
Light, fluffy and wonderfully moist, this delicious banana pancake recipe is super-fluffy – top golden pancakes with a delicious toffee apple sauce, made with Bonne Maman Caramel Spread and a dash of apple juice.
Everyone deserves to enjoy pancakes, and this recipe caters to those with gluten and dairy allergies. Don't be fooled though: that doesn't make them any less tasty! Ideal for children, too, you can top them with your favourite seasonal fruits and generous drizzles of syrup.
This vegan pancake recipe may look super-indulgent, but it's packed with plant-based goodness to power you through the morning. If you do eat dairy and want to mix the recipe up a bit, you could fry the pancakes in butter and top them with a thick Greek yoghurt instead. Remember to give your nut butter a good stir before using it, as the oils can naturally separate.
More from Vegetarian blog
It's all about the dough at this creative spot
The new Greek-style yoghurts are fortified with vitamins for a healthy boost
The beloved biscuit brand has ditched the dairy so everyone can have some fun
Nina Olsson talks to us about reducing your impact through food
Plant-based chef and author of The 7-day Vegan Challenge Bettina Campolucci Bordi tells us how our food choices can be kinder on the planet...