Cruelty Free Beauty
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- SPONSORED: Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- SPONSORED: Rose & Caramel’s Ultimate Guide To Achieving A Flawless Self-tan All Year Round
- prebiotics and probiotics: do they affect our skin health?
- What is greenwashing and how can you spot it?
- SPONSORED: Natural skincare solutions to get your glow back
- The best eco-friendly sunscreens of 2020
- SPONSORED: Laser Skincare Specialist Tria Beauty Announces Partnership with YouTube Star Amena Khan
- How to fight fast fashion with a jewellery capsule collection
- View all
- Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System With Healthy Foods
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Mini Flatbread Pizzas
- The best vegan food and beauty advent calendars for Christmas 2020
- 7 Eco-Friendly Essentials For Your Home
- New app helps you track and reduce your plastic consumption
- CBD Oil UK: Best CBD brands in the UK (2020)
- Easy Vegan Recipes: How to Make Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Vegetarian And Vegan Healthy Mushroom Recipes
- Your seasonal eating guide to autumn vegetables
- The 12 best leek recipes you’ll want to make again and again
- 3 easy vegan recipes from BOSH’s latest cookbook
- View all
- Mini Vegan Flatbread Pizzas With All the Toppings
- Vegan Golden Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Caramelised Onion Dahl
- Pink Hummus
- Wild Bounty Bites
- Vegetarian Lao-inspired Larb
- Parsnip and Apple Soup
- Tahini, Pecan & Cinnamon One-Pan Cookie
- BOSH’s Ultimate Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Big Red Peanut Noodles
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Sainsbury’s opens low alcohol pub in London
- Bamigo’s bamboo clothing arrives in the UK
- New vegan ‘smoked salmon’ offers plant-based alternative to fish
- The Lush Halloween range is now available… and it’s all vegan
- Pukka is using your tea purchases to plant trees
- Oddbox is delivering its fruit and veg boxes again
- The UK’s Largest Plant-Based Kitchen Launches Chicken Katsu Fakeaway
- Independent bakery to serve up vegan doughnuts in Notts
- Refillable delivery service bikes eco-brands to London consumers
- NAILKIND Launches Natural Nail Colour Collection
- EAT. has launched a vegan cheese toastie just in time for autumn
- View all
New app helps you track and reduce your plastic consumption
The tool means you can monitor your plastic use and reduce waste for good
Many of us are well aware of the detrimental impact that plastic has on the planet, but reducing our consumption is often easier said than done. If you’re wondering how to reduce your single-use plastic consumption, yet find it overwhelming to do so, this new app may be just what you need!
MyPlasticDiary is a start-up that’s committed to helping us banish plastic. The company’s app, available for download on the App Store and Google Play, allows you to track your plastic footprint and ultimately reduce it.
So how does it work? Using the app, you can log all of the plastic that you consume on a daily basis, even specifying the type of packaging and the size. You can then monitor your consumption on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to help you track your plastic footprint. What’s more, the app helps you break down your usage by categories, so you can even see which areas you’re consuming the most plastic in, such as your snacking habits.
Eager to help motivate people to take action, the app offers virtual rewards, and allows you to set goals for yourself to help steer you in the right direction.
Started by a team of three who are keen to help people balance environmental commitments with a busy work and family life, MyPlasticDiary is on a mission to make this type of information as easily available to people as fitness and nutritional advice is today.
The app is aimed at individuals, but the team hopes the tool will also be used to raise awareness in schools and universities.
To find out more, visit: myplasticdiary.co.uk
Want to read more like this? Sign up to our weekly newsletter, The Edit, to receive the latest updates on sustainability, planet-friendly recipes, cruelty-free beauty and more straight to your inbox.
More from Vegetarian blog
Support your immunity to fight the common cold with these nutrient-rich ingredients
As part of our exclusive series with Niki Webster of Rebel Recipes, the plant-based chef shares her recipe for quick and easy vegan flatbread pizzas
From gourmet vegan popcorn and healthy chocolate, to cruelty-free beauty treats, these are the best advent calendars for the count down to Christmas
The range of 'milk' and dark chocolate bars are ideal for people with food intolerances
Keep it clean with these sustainable finds