Honey bees dance when they return to their hive to tell the other bees where the flowers are, so in their honour here are seven honey recipes that are so good they’ll make you want to jig too.
Cruelty Free Beauty
- Sponsored: Plastic-free beauty brands that should be on your radar
- Adidas announces plans to eliminate plastic for good
- SPONSORED: Green beauty products to try this month
- Cruelty-free beauty platform launches virtual skincare consultations
- Nails.INC launches 21-free vegan nail polish
- SPONSORED: Enjoy exclusive discounts on these ethical beauty brands
- Tropic launches environmentally friendly sunscreen range
- SPONSORED: Meet the companies offering transparency on waste
- Vegan makeup brand KVD is launching in Boots
- 8 ethical beauty brands to keep on your radar
- 6 Vegan Make-Up Brands That Need To Be On Your Radar
- View all
- How to support your sleep during lockdown
- 7 healthy drinks to keep you refreshed this summer
- Sponsored: 3 good recipes we love this month
- What is climate-friendly cooking?
- How to make sustainable food choices
- Your cruelty-free sleep plan sorted
- Sustainable tipples to sip on this summer
- Sponsored: The ultimate skincare treats to pamper yourself at home
- 5 Simple Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Sponsored: The ultimate treats for National Picnic Week 2020
- Zero-waste hacks for using leftover fruit
- View all
- Cheesy Basil & Sundried Tomato Pasta
- Jackfruit kebabs
- Mafalda Corta with Vegan Mushroom Lentil Ragu
- Vegan Creamy Lemon And Basil Pasta
- Chocolate, Avocado & Maple Vegan Tart
- Oumph! Sticky Smokehouse BBQ With Grilled Watermelon Salad
- Hot and sour carrot and chickpea salad with preserved lemon and toasted seeds
- Ginger & Lemongrass Whisky Sour
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Blueberry Tart
- Mac and Cashew Cheese
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- New vegan products we’re excited about this spring
- SPONSORED: New Veggie Snacks Help Raise Awareness Around Issues of Food Waste
- Children’s charity to spread smiles with virtual tea party
- Sainsbury’s opens low alcohol pub in London
- 3 new vegan launches we’re excited about this week
- New sustainable fashion brand launches vegan bags in the UK
- How you can help with the Amazon wildfires
- New vegan ‘smoked salmon’ offers plant-based alternative to fish
- Oddbox is delivering its fruit and veg boxes again
- Big Butterfly Count calls on public to help with conservation efforts
- Your Christmas tree could help preserve the Borneo rainforest
- View all
7 Honey Recipes for National Honey Week
The lazy days and beautiful botanicals of summer are well and truly behind us, but just because the bees aren’t buzzing around us anymore doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy the fruits of their labour - it is National Honey Week after all.
These are easy to make, taste delicious and if you love Ella’s recipes, you’ll find many of the ingredients in your cupboard already.
The perfect spicy, sticky snack to offer guests throughout the winter. Serve on your biggest wooden board and watch them disappear!
There's nothing like a lovely warming soup, especially when it’s made with honey-roasted butternut squash.
A tarte tatin in any form is a beautiful thing but this is one of our all-time favourites and a real show stopper when you bring it to the dinner table. Serve with a dressed green salad and a fresh crusty baguette.
There are many ways to pimp up your salads and using honey is a total winner. Even the bees themselves would love this one! Choose peppery salad, such as wasabi rocket and mustard leaves, for a tasty contrast between the sweet dressing and savoury cheese.
Raw desserts are big news right now and show no signs of fading away. There’s no baking here, just whizzing up the ingredients and letting your freezer do all the work. Filled with only health-boosting ingredients, this cheesecake will delight the taste buds of anyone who tries it.
Serve this hot out of the oven with our Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and you’ve got the perfect lunch for National Honey Week - warming and filling to see you through to dinner.
More from Vegetarian blog
Ditching plastic has never been this easy
Make these easy steps part of your daily routine for a restful night's sleep
The sportswear giant unveils a new shoe made from plastic waste and makes further commitments for the future
Ditch the sugar-laden sodas and smoothies in favour of these healthy alternatives
Musclefood.com's recipe kit lets you make your own smoked salmon made of carrots